According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, 235 million consumer electronic products sold between 1980 and 2007 are no longer in use but still accumulating in storage. Many of these electronics are gathering dust in garages, closets, or basements across the country...maybe even yours! Even worse, 130,000 computers and 274,000 cell phones are thrown away every day in the U.S according to Laptop Magazine*. At ecoNEW, we believe that helping consumers like you to find environmentally friendly, sustainable ways to reuse, recycle, and dispose of these products will drastically reduce our nation's environmental impact
Now there's a new way to safely dispose of unwanted electronics......the ecoNEW way.
ecoNEW is a unique way to get value back for many electronics that are past their prime – laptops, cell phones, MP3 players, game systems, camcorders, digital cameras, eReaders and GPS devices.
What you can expect
Many of the items ecoNEW receives through the trade-in program will be refurbished and resold to those who don't require the latest technology but still need the functionality that the basic product can offer. Other equipment is disassembled for parts reuse and filtered into the product repair and raw material streams. Items that cannot be used for either of these purposes are completely scrapped and disposed of in an ecologically friendly and EPA compliant manner.
- A safe and best-in-class environmental recycling solution meeting or exceeding all federal and state legislative requirements.
- All Computer hard disk drives are either shredded or data is erased utilizing procedures compliant with Department of Defense specifications.
- All memory based electronics (phones, static memory, cameras, MP3 and media) are erased, reset or shredded.
- World-class customer service and project management throughout the trade-in and recycling process.
- An eco-friendly solution that is significantly more sustainable than simply throwing your electronics in the trash.
ecoNEW is owned by NEW Customer Service Companies, Inc., the premier provider of consumer services across the consumer electronics product lifecycle. NEW product offerings range from manufacturer and extended warranty administration, warranty services to cellular handset protection, delivery and installation, technical support and troubleshooting, call center management, and end-of-life trade-in and recycling programs. NEW is your partner from the moment you buy a product at our partner retailers until you're ready to trade-in and trade up. With over 26 years of industry experience, NEW is the trusted choice for product protection and support and on-going environmental sustainability.
*Source: Natural Resources Defense Council